Safe, Effective Spay and Neuter Surgeries
Your pet’s reproductive organs actually do them a bit more harm than good. They are the source of hormones that lead to unwanted behavior as well as dangerous illnesses. Spay and neuter surgery at Little Seneca Animal Hospital is a safe, effective procedure that helps not only your pet, but benefits the pet community of Germantown as a whole, too!
Spay and Neuter Surgery for the Benefit of Your Pet and Community
Without a spay or neuter surgery, your pet will be focused on their natural desire to reproduce. While this may seem like a small thing, it can actually cause a lot of trouble—for both them and you! Pets who have not been fixed are more likely to roam, urine spray, act aggressively, and of course, produce unwanted litters. Pet homelessness is a big enough concern already. More pets are entering shelters than there is capacity to hold them, and there just aren’t enough homes to go around. Sadly, euthanasia is the fate of too many.
When you choose to spay and neuter your pet, you help the greater community and give your pet a better chance at a long and healthy life.
- It reduces the inclination to roam.
- Urine marking behavior is suppressed.
- Females no longer go into heat (a messy and frustrating experience!).
- Males are less likely to mount objects.
- Females can no longer develop pyometra, a dangerous uterine infection.
- Females also have zero chance of ovarian or uterine cancers.
- Males can no longer develop testicular cancer.
- Females have a reduced risk of mammary tumors.
- Males have a reduced risk of prostate problems.